Sunday, August 9, 2009

Using social media for marketing

So i have been an active member of social sites including, twitter, facebook, myspace, etc... The effectiveness of using these sites for marketing my t-shirt business has been less than poor. I realized today what I think I've been doing wrong.

I've always felt bad "spamming" my friends with bulletins or comments about buying shirts. So far however, it's only been friends that have been buying my shirts. Then it hit me... Don't use these social networks to sell my products. Use these applications to make more friends or better relationships. Make posts or comments that are interesting or informative.

I don't know, I haven't actually tried it yet but it is definitely worth a shot.

Now go to www.obstructees.com and BUY A SHIRT! (jk)

No comments: