Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Stay Organzied

Starting any online business your going to have alot of websites to sign into. Then when you start trying to market your website the list goes on. What I did a couple of weeks ago saves me a lot of time trying to find passwords to my gmail, facebook, myspace, twitter, t-shirtforums, bank accounts, gateway, photobucket, web server, go daddy, usps, logoloft, and the list goes on.

Anyways I opened up an Excel sheet with five columns titled Name, Url, User Name, Password, and Notes. I put all my info in there in alphabetical order. Under Notes I put any special instructions signing on to the webpage, mainly for my bank account which requires a clicker, or my taxes which requires more than a username and a password.

My computer saves most of my passwords for me but i stuck this thing on my thumbdrive so when i switch computers its easy to access anything I want. I suggest doing this early on so you don't get overwhelmed and have to reset passwords every a couple of weeks like i did.

No comments: